Set up MyPrint on a Mac
The following steps will add a MyPrint print queue to your Mac computer. These instructions are primarily for students or others who have computers that aren't managed by Brown. If you have a computer managed by Brown, you can ask your computing support staff (ITSC or DCC) to add the queue(s) to your computer.
Find the Print Queue Address
- Look up the queue you plan to use in this article: MyPrint Print Queues
- Add the "Print Queue Name" from that article to the end of smb://ppcutprcit.ad.brown.edu/
(For example, if you are trying to add MyPrint-BW, you will end up with smb://ppcutprcit.ad.brown.edu/MyPrint-BW)
- Copy this to your clipboard - you'll need it in the next set of steps.
Add the Print Queue to Your Mac
- Connect to Brown wireless (not Brown-Guest or Eduroam).
- Click the Apple icon and select System Preferences.
- Select Printers and Scanners.
- If you see a lock in the lower left corner of the Printers and Scanners page, click it to unlock. You may need to enter your computer password.
- Click the plus (+) sign in the lower left-hand corner of your list of printers to add your new printer.
- Click the Advanced tab at the top of the page.
- If you do NOT see an Advanced tab on the top of the printer add page, Control Click or Right Click the Top of the window and select Customize Toolbar. A window will open with additional tab options that can be added to the top of the page. Click and Drag the advanced icon to the top of the page and release. This will add the advanced option to the top of the page.
- Type: ‘Windows printer via spoolss’
- Device: ‘Another Device”
- URL: Paste the address you copied in the first section of these instructions, for example, smb://ppcutprcit.ad.brown.edu/MyPrint-BW
- Name: MyPrint
- Use: ‘Generic PostScript Printer'
After following these steps, you can now Print to MyPrint from Your Mac.