This article will help you reset or change the password associated with your Brown username.
If you remember your Brown password
Visit MyAccount and click “Change Password for Brown Username” on the left menu.
If you’ve forgotten your Brown password
If you have your mobile number or personal email registered with Brown, you can reset your own password using the Forgot Password page, found on MyAccount and linked at the bottom of most Brown login windows.
Follow these steps: (For a video tutorial, see the video later on this page.)
- Select your affiliation with Brown. (This article is for current Brown faculty, staff, and students — see here for alumni.)
- Enter your username and Brown ID number, and click Next.
- You should receive a text message with a passkey and a link. Either click the link to continue on your phone, or continue using the page you had open before.
- Enter your username and the passkey, and click Next.
- Choose a new password and enter it twice.
If you don't have a mobile number or personal email on file, you can call the IT Service Center during their business hours for assistance resetting the password. As long as they are able to verify your identity over the phone, they can give you a passkey which can be used within the next 24 hours to reset your password.