For most graduating students, this article is NOT necessary. Your email account will automatically change from a brown.edu to an alumni.brown.edu account. However, some graduating students might have other affiliations - for example, they may be continuing as staff. In these cases, they will receive an empty alumni account and can optionally move content to the new empty account.
Migrate from @brown.edu to @alumni.brown.edu
- Login to your @brown.edu email account and go to settings to enable POP
- Lets enable POP on this account and save
- We are also going to turn ON, Less secure apps. Go to this link while you are in your @brown.edu account.
OR, CLICK ON THE PICTURE
- Close this window and logout from your @brown.edu account
- Login to your @alumni.brown.edu account and go back to settings
- Go under accounts to add your @brown.edu pop account
- On the next windows, make these changes.
- After you click on Add Account, follow the prompts to accept or agree. Eventually you will see the Brown email show up on your alumni acount and emails will start syncing. This process can take some time, base on the amount of emails in your inbox and attachemnts. You will see the @brown.edu emails show up in the inbox with there labels on them so you can identify them.