If you are activating your Brown account, you will need to know your Brown ID number.
If you don't have an ID card, here's where to find your ID number:
- Applicants: Undergraduate or Medical applicants: after you apply, you will receive an email from your respective Admission Office with your Brown ID number in order to check the status of your application. Graduate Applicants: After you are admitted, the Graduate School will send you an email which includes this number.
Can't find the email with your ID number? Call the IT Service Center before 5pm M-F.
- Faculty and staff: shortly after receiving your Brown hire letter, you will receive an email from the sender NoReply@brown.edu with your ID number and instructions for activation. Don't see it? Check your spam folder, or contact Human Resources at 401-863-3175 with questions.
- Students, faculty, and staff: If you don't have your ID card on your but need your ID number, you can visit myaccount.brown.edu, click Manage Account on the top right and log in, then scroll to the bottom of the page to find your Brown ID number.
- Brown Affiliates: If you are a Brown affiliate without an ID card, your department will receive your ID number when your account is set up.
- Alumni: You must contact the Brown Alumni Help Desk to activate your Brown account instead of submitting the Activate page in MyAccount.
If you already have an ID card, you will find it marked on the front of the card as in the image below.
Is there something incorrect about this article? Let us know in the comments section below so you can help us improve it!