If you are instructed by IT staff to reset your roaming profile, follow the steps below.
To reset roaming profile, you need to use a NON-Roaming computer, which can be:
- Your own Windows laptop/desktop
- Computers in CIS cluster (login with your Brown ID)
- Computers in your own departments, such as School of Engineering
- Kiosk computer outside BH742 (login with your Brown ID)
- Non-roaming Workstations in BH191, 196... (login with your Brown ID)
- Login with your Brown username/password, open Windows Explorer and then go to \\files.brown.edu\Profiles$\username (Note: If you are on your own computer, you will be prompted to enter username/password. You should type your username in the following format: AD\jcarberr (if your Brown username is 'jcarberr').
- A folder named after your Brown username will show. This is your profile folder. Click it to open. You will see a sub-folder named "winprofile.v2."
- Open another Windows Explorer and go to \\files.brown.edu\home\username, click open your "MyDocuments" folder.
- Cut the "winprofile.v2" folder and Paste it into the "My Documents" folder.
- Your profile folder should now be empty. If not, delete all files.
- You have just reset your roaming profile. A new pofile will be created on your next login on any roaming computers.