- Make sure you are on Brown wifi or a wired connection at Brown.
- To view a list of printers (for MAC/Linux printing), open your web browser and navigate to http://pprint.ad.brown.edu
You should see a list of printers, sorted by name. Most printer names have a departmental prefix to make them easier to find. Find and record the name of the printer you want to use, this will be your "queue''. Once you've located your printer name, leave your browser window open so that you may enter your printer name later in these instructions.
- Click on the Apple menu.
- Select "System Preferences" from the Apple menu. The System Preferences dialog will appear.
- Click on "Print & Fax" or "Print & Scan" (depends on your version).
- In the printer dialog box that appears, click the "+" (beneath the list of printers on the left) to add a printer. The "Add Printer" dialog box will appear.
- Click on "IP".
- Enter the following settings:
Protocol: Line Printer Daemon - LPD
Queue: Enter from browser window - Step #3.
Name: Enter from browser window - Step #3. (This is how the printer will appear in the print dialog.)
Print Using: Select a driver. (Locate the printer driver from the selected list)
- Click Add. An "Installable Options" dialog may appear. You may choose if you want to print from a specific tray or whether your printer prints double sided (duplex). Enter the correct options for your printer.
- Print a test page to make sure it worked.