Turnitin is a tool that compares student papers with a vast array of online sources and paper repositories and returns a detailed report on similarities.
|Note: At Brown, Turnitin can only be used within Canvas, by student-submitted papers through assignments. The Turnitin website cannot be used directly for generating reports. When you are setting up your assignments, you can select Turnitin as your Plagiarism Review tool.
How to Enable Turnitin on Canvas:
- Log in to Canvas at canvas.brown.edu.
- Select your course in the Global Navigation menu on the left.
- Click Assignments in the Course Navigation menu.
- Click Add assignment.
- Enter the assignment title, point value, and other relevant information. Read more about creating an assignment here.
- In the Submission Type menu, select Online.
- Within the heading Plagiarism Review, choose Turnitin.
- Choose your desired settings based on the Turnitin options provided. Click Save as default settings to preserve your settings for future Turnitin assignments.
- Set due date for the assignment.
- Click Save and Publish.
Turnitin originality reports can be accessed through the grade book through an icon in the Speedgrader.
Note: Turnitin grades will not sync with the Canvas grade book. The grade will have to be manually entered into the grade book for your course.