If you would like your students to submit an assignment using Turnitin:
- Log in to Canvas at canvas.brown.edu.
- Select your course in the Global Navigation menu on the left.
- Click Assignments in the Course Navigation menu.
- Click Add assignment.
- Enter the assignment title, point value, and other relevant information. Read more about creating an assignment here.
- In the Submission Type menu, select Online.
- Under the heading 'Online Entry Options" choose how you want your students to submit their assignment (typically as a File Upload)
- Choose "Enable Turnitin Submissions"
- Set a due date for the assignment and save the assignment.
- Be sure that the assignment is published, so that students can submit their document(s).
Turnitin originality reports can be accessed through the grade book through an icon in the Speedgrader.
Also note that the Turnitin grade does not sync with the Canvas grade book. The grade will have to be manually entered into the grade book for your course.