How to Create Content
You can create content in three ways:
- create slides in PowerPoint files and export as images, then import
- create graphics files in a layout program like Photoshop or InDesign, then import
- create content within Axis TV (not recommended - the design tools are too basic)
Before creating any content, we recommend reading the "Tips for Designing and Managing Digital Signage Systems" document, which has a lot of specific recommendations about font size, color, etc.
When creating content, pay attention to the aspect ratio of the area in which you are loading your content. For example, you might have a 4:3 aspect ratio by default in PowerPoint; if you upload these images to a 16:9 screen, they will look "squished." Most signs have a 16:9 ratio, and work well with a 1920 x 1080 pixel or larger image.
Setting the Aspect Ratio
- On the Mac version, go to File > Page Setup, and choose the 16:9 ratio.
- On the Windows version, go to the Design tab and click Page Setup or Slide Size (depending on version), then 16:9.
This help article by Microsoft has some tips for resizing slideshows if you already created your content in an incorrect ratio.
When creating content in PowerPoint, you must save your slides as images in order to upload to Axis TV. These instructions are different for each version of PowerPoint.
- 2016: File > Export, then choose JPG format and desired size
- 2011: File > Save as Pictures
- 2010, 2007: File > Save As, then choose JPG format from the drop-down menu (defaults to .pptx format)
If you haven't used Photoshop, PowerPoint may be a better, easier option. However, if you're already familiar with Photoshop, you may prefer to use it.
Once you have your content, you can import it following the instructions in our article:
After you've scheduled content, here's how you can manage it: