You can connect to the MyApps service from a web browser on any platform via https://myapps.brown.edu but the Remote Desktop (RD) app can provide a better user experience. Installing RD will be more convenient for frequent usage of MyApps.
To install and configure the RD app, please follow these steps:
- Download and install the latest release of the Remote Desktop client for your version of Windows via Microsoft's website: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-desktop/connect-windows-7-and-10 (To check which version you should download and install, open the start menu and search for "About Your PC", click on this and find "System Type" which will identify if your computer is 64-bit, 32-bit, or ARM64)
- If you are planning to connect to MyApps: Core, it is highly recommended to install and run the Remote Desktop client version 1.2.3488 or later. The RD client will support connections to MyApps: Core utilizing UDP (User Datagram Protocol) rather than the standard TCP (Transmission Control Protocol) which will offer a superior user experience in terms of connection speed and latency.
- To check which version of the RD client you are running, open the app and click on the ellipses (...) > About
- Once installed, launch the Remote Desktop client, and click "Subscribe"
- Enter your Brown Username in Microsoft format: firstname.lastname@example.org (such as email@example.com)
- You will be redirected to authenticate with your Brown username and password
- Once you have successfully authenticated you will see any MyApps Desktops you entitled to in the RD client
- Double-click on a MyApps Desktop icon to launch a session and connect
For more information about MyApps please reference the IT Article: Get Started with MyApps at Brown