You can connect to the MyApps service from a web browser on any platform via https://aka.ms/wvdwebarm but the Microsoft Remote Desktop (MRD) app can provide a better user experience. Installing MRD will be more convenient for frequent usage of MyApps.
To install and configure the MRD client for your Mac, please follow these steps:
- Download and install MRD via the Mac App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-remote-desktop/id1295203466?mt=12
- Launch MRD, click on the "+" icon, choose "Add Workspace"
- For the Workspace URL enter: https://rdweb.wvd.microsoft.com, then click "Add"
- Enter your Brown Username in Microsoft format: firstname.lastname@example.org (ex. email@example.com)
- You will be redirected to authenticate with your Brown username and password
- Once you have successfully authenticated you will see any MyApps Desktops you entitled to under the workspaces tab
- Double-click on a MyApps Desktop icon to launch a session and connect
For more information about MyApps please reference the IT Article: Get Started with MyApps at Brown