SpeedGrader™ is available for all graded assignments, quizzes, and discussions.
- In the Assignments list or Gradebook, click the assignment title to open the assignment.
- Click SpeedGrader in the Related Items menu on the right.
SpeedGrader opens the assignment for the first student in the student list, arranged alphabetically by last name.
Note: For graded discussions, click the Edit (gear) icon and click SpeedGrader.
- Click the arrow next to the student name to display the list of students in the course. For easy identification, each student is identified with an assignment submission status next to his or her name:
- A green checkmark indicates the assignment has been graded.
- An orange dot indicates the assignment has not been graded or has been re-submitted.
- No checkmark and a dimmed name indicates the assignment has not been submitted.
- Use Crocodoc to mark up .pdf, .doc/.docx, and .ppt/.pptx. assignments directly in SpeedGrader (.xls/.xlsx files are currently in Crocodoc beta testing).
- Or, download the submission, add feedback to the document, and re-upload the submission.
- If a student has submitted the assignment more than once, the Submission to view menu shows prior submissions. Select the appropriate submission.
- To submit a grade for the student's assignment, enter the grade in the grade box.
If a rubric is attached to the assignment, click View Rubric to add points based on the rubric.
- To submit a comment on the evaluated assignment, enter text in the Add a Comment box. You can also attach a file or a media comment by clicking one of the icons in the Attach list. When you are ready to submit your comment, click Submit Comment.
Note: You can view any existing comments from the student, as well as new comments you post on the assignment, in the Discussions area. Comments on assignments will also appear as a new thread in Conversations.