On November 17th, 2018, a new version of Banner INB will be available. This version doesn't require Java and works on more browsers. For more information, see brown.edu/go/banner9upgrade
Download and Install Java
- Click the start menu and search for configure java
- On Windows 10, right-click on the Start Menu, click on Control Panel.
- On the top, right-hand corner, make sure the View by: selection is Large Icons.
- Find and click on the Java icon.
- Click on the Apple symbol on the top, left-hand corner.
- Click on System Preferences.
- Clcik on the Java icon.
Java Control Panel
- In the Security tab, make sure High is selected.
- Click on Edit Site List...
- Make sure the below entries are listed. You can click Add to input them. Make sure both options are displayed before continuing
- You will receive a warning when adding the second address. Click Continue.
- You should now see the sites listed in the Exception Site List.
- In the Advanced tab, scroll down to the very bottom or until you see the Advanced Security Settings section.
- Make sure that
- Use TLS 1.0 is checked.
- Use TLS 1.1 is unchecked.
- Use TLS 1.2 is unchecked.
- Click Apply then OK.
You will need to restart your browser for these changes to take affect.
Banner Login Page
Supported Browsers: Safari and Internet Explorer
You may receive warnings, notices or pop-ups when accessing this page.
DO NOT block the plugin from running.
ALWAYS ALLOW Java to run.
You may also receive a dialog box to ACCEPT the application running. Do so.