On November 17th, 2018, a new version of Banner INB will be available. This version doesn't require Java and works on more browsers. For more information, see brown.edu/go/banner9upgrade
Banner Admin Pages (version 9) https://bannernav.brown.edu/applicationNavigator
Banner INB (version 8) https://banner.brown.edu
|Browser||Supported in Banner 9||Supported in Banner 8 INB|
|Internet Explorer||not supported||X|
|Microsoft Edge||X||not supported|
Shibboleth Single Sign-On
To log in, use your Brown user name (for example, jcarberr) and the password you maintain in myaccount.brown.edu—same as Workday.
Improved User Interface
- Fresh look and feel
- Modern, yet familiar, web user interface with standard controls
- Shorter learning curve for new and occasional users
Banner 9 is supported on tablets.
What stays the same?
The basic structure of the application remains the same. Banner pages (previously called forms) have a new look and feel, but page layout and behavior remains very similar to Banner 8.
This upgrade has no impact on Banner Self-Service and other Banner-related applications
(Greensheets, GSIM, Course Evaluations, Course Proposals, and Course Offering Builder).
Video Tutorial (12:29)
Log in to Banner 9 and, as you watch, pause the video and try what's demonstrated yourself.
To jump ahead or re-watch a topic, use these timestamps:
- 3:15 Keyboard Shortcuts
- 3:30 How to access pages from landing page
- 7:09 Page layout and features
- 10:37 Notification Center
- 11:12 Online help
Where do I go for help or questions about Banner 9?
Submit a help request.
You are able to log on to Banner 9, but when you navigate to an admin page (previously called forms) the page is blank.
To resolve this , clear your browser cache, and then restart your browser.
Configuration Instructions for Banner INB (version 8)
Download and Install Java
- Click the start menu and search for configure java
- On Windows 10, right-click on the Start Menu, click on Control Panel.
- On the top, right-hand corner, make sure the View by: selection is Large Icons.
- Find and click on the Java icon.
- Click on the Apple symbol on the top, left-hand corner.
- Click on System Preferences.
- Clcik on the Java icon.
Java Control Panel
- In the Security tab, make sure High is selected.
- Click on Edit Site List...
- Make sure the below entries are listed. You can click Add to input them. Make sure both options are displayed before continuing
- You will receive a warning when adding the second address. Click Continue.
- You should now see the sites listed in the Exception Site List.
- In the Advanced tab, scroll down to the very bottom or until you see the Advanced Security Settings section.
- Make sure that
- Use TLS 1.0 is checked.
- Use TLS 1.1 is unchecked.
- Use TLS 1.2 is unchecked.
- Click Apply then OK.
You will need to restart your browser for these changes to take affect.
Banner Login Page
Supported Browsers: Safari and Internet Explorer
You may receive warnings, notices or pop-ups when accessing this page.
DO NOT block the plugin from running.
ALWAYS ALLOW Java to run.
You may also receive a dialog box to ACCEPT the application running. Do so.