The Qualtrics offline app lets you conduct surveys on a tablet or smartphone without an internet connection.
These instructions are similar to the ones on Qualtrics' site, but customized for Brown.
Request Access to the App
Submit a ticket on this site (click Create Ticket button above this article) and let us know you'd like access to the Qualtrics Offline feature.
Find Your Username and Generate an API Key
- On your computer, log into Qualtrics.
- Click the user icon on the top right, then Account Settings.
- First, note the username in the Recent Logins box. This is what you will use to log in to the app.
- Then, Click Qualtrics IDs on the horizontal menu that appears near the top of the page.
- Look for the box that says API. If there is no information in the API box, click Generate Token. (If there's already one listed in the box, don't generate a new one.)
- Copy the API token and email it to yourself to make it easier to open and copy on your phone or tablet later. Or, you could write it down.
Install the App
Log In to the App
- Open the Qualtrics app.
- Triple click the person icon on the login screen (if you don't see this icon, click the gear on the top right of the app).
Now, you should see more login fields
- For username, enter the username you saw in the first part of the instructions. It should look like firstname.lastname@example.org#brown, but with your Brown username instead of jcarberr.
- Leave the password and datacenter fields blank.
- Enter the API token you generated in the first part of the instructions.
Download Surveys to the Offline App
- In the app, click the survey you would like to use offline.
- Click Download.
For full usage instructions, see Qualtrics' article Setting Up the Offline App.