If you attach a file to an email encrypted with Virtru and want to prevent unauthorized access to an attachment, you can choose to apply Persistent File Protection to it. This will the message receiver to authenticate in their web browser to view the attached file using Virtru's Secure Reader. To apply this feature:
- Compose an email.
- Toggle the Virtru slider to On (if it is not already on).
- Attach a supported format file to the email. You can use the attach button or drag it onto the compose window.
- Click the drop-down menu to the left of the Virtru slider (gear icon) and check Persistent Protection.
- Send your email.
- For background and more detailed instructions, see Virtru’s article Persistent File Protection (PFP).
- Supported formats for attachments using PFP are: .pdf, .docx, .xlsx, .pptx, .jpg, and .pngs.