Zoom recordings are stored on your Zoom account for a limited time. To keep the recording long term, you will need to upload it to your Google Drive. To upload Zoom cloud recording to your Google Drive, you will need to download them first from your Zoom account. Here are the steps you will need to follow to download them from Zoom:
- Log into your Zoom account at https://brown.zoom.us.
- Click the Recording menu option on the left-hand side of the screen to display your list of Cloud Recordings
- Select the recording you want to download by clicking on the title.
Please note, If you have the Zoom recording locally, you should be able to directly upload it to Google Drive by selecting the file from where you stored it on your computer. If you cannot locate select the Local Recording section, next to the Cloud Recording title, you will see a list of the recording and the path of where your file was stored on your computer.
- A new window will appear with the details of your recording similar to one pictured below:
- Hit the download button next to the recording thumbnail which will actually download three files: a .vtt transcript file, a .m4a audio only file, and a .mp4 video recording. If you do not need all three files, you can select the option you need by click on one single line of the listed options below the thumbnail. Once the item is selected, you will get the option to download it. Make note of where you are downloading the file to on your computer.
- Once your file is downloaded to your computer, open it to make sure it is working before trashing the main file on your Zoom account.
To now upload the file to your Google Drive and share your Zoom recording with non-Brown affiliated individuals, go to your Google Drive at https://drive.google.com/ and following these steps:
- Log in using your Brown email and password
- Upload the file by clicking on New -> File Upload
- After uploading is complete, right-click on the file -> Share
- Enter the email address of the person you want to share the recording with
- Additionally, you can select sharing permissions on the right. Editors might have access to change the file, delete it, and share it with others, while viewers will only be able to view the file
- Once you are done adding people, click Send, and they will receive an email with a link to the file