Upload files to Canvas
- Log in to Canvas at canvas.brown.edu.
- Select a course in the Global Navigation menu on the left.
- Click Files in the Course Navigation menu.
- Click Upload.
- Select the file to be uploaded from your computer.
- Click Open. The file will appear in the course folder.
- Click + Folder to create a new folder.
- Enter the name of the folder, then press Enter.
- Drag and drop files and folders to organize them.
- To download, delete, or change access permissions for a folder or file, select the item. To select and edit multiple items at once, hold the Ctrl key and click the items you'd like to select.
Note: To select a folder or file, click the row it is located in, not the name of the item.
- Once one or more items is selected, a toolbar will appear above the list of files and folders.
- To change access permissions for a file or folder, click the Manage Access icon . In the dialogue box you can choose to lock the file completely or allow access when a link is shared with students.
- To download a file or folder, click the Download icon .
- To move a file or folder, click the Move icon .
- To delete a file or folder, click the Delete icon .