A recent update to the Rosetta Stone apps on both iOS and Android may cause authentication issues. Please refer to the information below for resolving these issues.
To prevent any further issues regarding logging into the app on iOS, you must avoid opening the app unless you've authenticated through Brown's log in portal. Opening the app outside of logging in through Brown, will most likely result in the inability to log in and use the app. If you are having issues logging into it:
- As usual, open your device's web browser, visit rosettastone.brown.edu, and log in
- Click the “Launch Rosetta Stone Language Lessons” link to launch the app
- You will experience the same problem as in the past - you will just see a "splash" screen instead of being logged in. On this screen, click Enterprise And Education Learners.
- On the login screen that appears, type three random values (just a single letter will work) into the Username, Password, and Namespace fields.
- You will see an error message. Click Try again and proceed with the next step.
- Return to your web browser and again, visit rosettastone.brown.edu.
- Click the “Launch Rosetta Stone Language Lessons” link to launch the app again.
- Wait for the login to proceed - it should work. If you still see the error message, click the Try Again option.
- Remove the Rosetta Stone app
- Clearing Safari cache may be necessary as well.
- Restart device
- Re-download the Rosetta Stone app. Do not open it!
- Open Safari on your device and visit rosettastone.brown.edu.
- Log in
- Click on the "Launch Rosetta Stone" link
- The app will launch. You may see a generic sign-in screen with a video playing - do not click anything, just wait. It may take a few minutes for the login to work.
You may be getting an error on Android devices when attempting to authenticate. This occurs if you open the app without having authenticating through Brown. There are two ways to fix this issue if you recieve an error when launching the app through Brown:
- Open the Rosetta Stone app and tap on the Enterprise and Education Learners button.
- Switch to your browser app and sign into Brown's Rosetta Stone page and click on Launch Rosetta Stone
- This should switch you into the Rosetta Stone app without error.
- Go into the Settings app.
- Go to the Apps section.
- Find Rosetta Stone app; it should be listed as Languages
- Tap on the app and tap on Force Stop
- Tap on Storage.
- Tap on Clear Cache.
- Attempt to then launch the app through Brown's Rosetta Stone page.
- Brown Rosetta Stone Links:
- Launch Rosetta Stone here - http://rosettastone.brown.edu/
- Additional Alumni info here - https://brunonia.brown.edu/alumni/services/info/rosetta-stone
- App Download Links:
- Apple App Store - Learn Languages with Rosetta Stone - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/learn-languages-rosetta-stone/id435588892?mt=8
- Google Play Store - Learn Languages: Rosetta Stone - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.com.rosettastone.mobile.CoursePlayer&hl=en