Brown now has an official partnership with Top Hat Classroom as the university’s centrally supported in-class polling solution. Top Hat’s interactive, cloud-based teaching platform leverages student’s devices to increase in-class engagement and get real-time feedback.
- Top Hat has provided a Course Setup Guide to walk you through creating your Instructor account and course.
- After you have done so, their Quick Start Guide will take you through the basics of using Top Hat for your course.
- Top Hat has provided video instruction on Taking Attendance.
- If you are transitioning from using iClicker, this video on using the Presenter Tool may be helpful, as it approximates the functionality of iClicker.
Teaching Assistant Access
- Currently, Top Hat supports a single role for sign-ins. If you have a TA, fill out this TA Account Request Form and we will provide you with an account that your TA can use to assist with Top Hat. This article provide the process they will need to follow to log in.
- If you are interested in using Top Hat, but are concerned that your students may not have access to a device, we can make one available to them through the IT Service Center. Feel free to email Digital Learning & Design with any questions.
- Digital Learning & Design and Top Hat are committed to accessible and universal learning experiences. Contact Digital Learning & Design to discuss how Top Hat can make your course more universal or help you meet the needs of students who request accommodations.
- Top Hat also offers other features, such as digital textbooks, quizzing, and assignments. If you are interested in exploring these features, please email Digital Learning & Design.