Office of Information Technology (OIT) provides support for the latest major version of macOS along with the last two major versions. This "N-2" support model is consistent with the platform vendor (Apple) and most major third-party software developers. OIT will strive to develop in-depth knowledge about macOS and pursue solutions to problems with using macOS at Brown. Additionally, OIT will provide training based on need, through courses or cooperative arrangements with departments. Support includes information on how to connect your Mac to the Brown Network and technical assistance with supported applications running under macOS.
For information about software that has been tested on the past few versions of macOS: macOS - What Works?
- Support of Operating systems in languages other than English is limited.
- Limited assistance with operating systems no longer supported by Apple.
- Operating Systems other than macOS (for example, Windows via Parallels or Boot Camp) running on Apple computer hardware are not supported.
- Any macOS running on hardware other than Apple computer hardware is not supported.
- OIT will not assist you with Apple file and print sharing configuration or operation.