Computing and Information Services (CIS) provides support for macOS 10.13 High Sierra through macOS 10.15 Catalina when the latest updates are applied. CIS will strive to develop in-depth knowledge about macOS and pursue solutions to problems with using macOS at Brown. Additionally, CIS will provide training based on need, through courses or cooperative arrangements with departments. Support includes information on how to connect your Mac to the Brown Network and technical assistance with supported applications running under macOS.
For information about software that has been tested on macOS 10.15 Catalina, please visit Catalina (macOS 10.15) - What Works?
- Support of Operating systems in languages other than English is limited.
- Limited assistance with operating systems prior to macOS 10.13 High Sierra.
Brown does not maintain a licensing agreement with Apple. As a result, CIS does not distribute the macOS to Brown users. Users who want to install macOS on their computers must obtain a license from the Mac App Store.
- Operating Systems other than macOS (for example, Windows via Parallels or Boot Camp) running on Apple computer hardware are not supported.
- Any macOS running on hardware other than Apple computer hardware is not supported.
- CIS will not assist you with Apple file and print sharing configuration or operation.