You can add an events.brown.edu calendar, for example, the calendar of Brown University holidays, into a new Google calendar by following these steps. The calendar will be overlaid on your personal calendar (since it is a separate calendar, you can turn its visibility on and off) and remain synchronized with the calendar on events.brown.edu.
- Visit this page and locate the name of the calendar you would like to display: http://events.brown.edu/cal/calendar/fetchPublicCalendars.do?b=de
- Right click (PC) or Control click (Mac) on the calendar icon next to the calendar name and choose "Copy URL", "Copy Link Location", or "Copy Link Address" (wording will depend on your browser).
- On your Google Calendar, from the drop-down menu next to Other Calendars, choose "Add by URL"
- In the window that pops up, Paste (Control V on a PC, Command V on a Mac) the address you just copied into the prompt next to "URL" and click Add Calendar.
- The calendar will appear overlaid on top of your calendar.
The calendar will now be listed under "Other Calendars" on the left. Its name will begin with "http://events.brown.edu".
- To hide the calendar, or show it after you have hidden it, just click on its name.
- To change the name to something more recognizable, hover your mouse over the calendar name in the "Other Calendars" list until you see a drop-down menu (icon with a triangle) appear to its right. Click the drop-down menu next to the calendar name and choose "Calendar Settings" and type a new name.
Having trouble? Make sure you didn't:
- accidentally right click on the calendar name instead of the calendar icon in step 2
- accidentally click on the calendar icon instead of right- or control- clicking