This article is for departmental (Brown-owned) printers only.
Please have your Equipment ID number available prior to following any of the steps below. The Equipment ID Number can be found on the NECS tag on the front of your Canon:
- Call NECS at 1-800-321-NECS (6327).
- At the voice prompt greeting, please hit ext. 1-7591 which will put you directly in touch with an NECS service dispatcher. He or she will ask you for the ID number, which you can find on a sticker on the front of the printer.
- Please describe the issue to the dispatcher who will then notify one of the NECS on campus technicians responsible for supporting Brown University.
- You should receive a follow up call from the technician within an hour of your call and he will notify you of his estimated time of arrival to your department. You will be given a tracking number so you can follow up on the status of your service.
- Visit http://www.dispatchlink.net/necs/servicerequest.html.
- Enter the Equipment ID, which you can find on a sticker on the front of the printer. You will be required to enter– Status, Description of Problem, Your Name, Phone Number and Comments and then click “Submit Request”. You can omit the P.O. Number.
- Once you hit submit, you'll see a confirmation page. At this point, as described above you should receive a follow up call from the technician within an hour of your call.
Problems placing service calls or ordering toner? Call the Office Equipment Program @ x3-1548.