Skip to main content

Students: Choose between Study Away/Abroad and Equivalency Review - Knowledgebase / Teaching Learning and Research / ASK - OIT Service Center

Students: Choose between Study Away/Abroad and Equivalency Review

Authors list

If you have taken, or plan to take a course at another institution and want to get credit for it at Brown, you should submit a Study Away/Abroad request.

If you have a course already on on your transcript that is either UASGN, or has an SAB or EXCH subject code, you may submit that for Equivalency Review.

The end result of an Equivalency Review varies depending on the original subject and course numbers. Courses that are UASGN may be given a more specific Brown course number on the transcript as a result of this process. Courses with an SAB or EXCH subject code will not be changed on the transcript, but you will be given a PDF file that you can download and use in your declaration or other documentation.

Helpful Unhelpful

22 of 39 people found this page helpful

Send us a note about this article

Contact the OIT Service Center

Phone: 401-863-4357


Location: Page Robinson Hall - 69 Brown St., Room 510

See our availability

Walk-ins Welcome! Appointments recommended.

For reserved service for a technical consult or a loaner check-out, you can schedule an appointment here.