Canvas offers many different options for designing your home page, which is the first page students will see when they enter your course.
- Log in to Canvas at canvas.brown.edu
- Click Courses in the Global Navigation menu, then select your course.
- Click Choose Home Page on the right.
- Select one of the options available in the Choose Home Page menu.
Set the Course’s home page to:
- Syllabus to show the syllabus page with the description of the course and a calendar view of assignments and course events.
- Assignments List to show assignments for the course, with upcoming and recent assignments featured at the top.
- Course Modules to show the modules or sections into which the course is divided.
- Course Activity Stream to show a list of recent changes, updates, and announcements made in the course.
- Pages Front Page to show a page you created using the Rich Content Editor tool. You can use text, content, media, and links to create an interactive and instructive page.
Note: Canvas will ask you to set a Front Page before you can choose the Pages Front Page option.
Set a Front Page
- Click Pages in the Course Navigation menu on the left to view all of your pages.
- Click a page's Edit icon and select Use as Front Page in the menu.
Note: A page has to be published in order to be set as a Front Page. A Front Page cannot be Unpublished.
- Your Front Page is indicated by a gray Front Page tag.
Click here to learn how to create an interactive and instructive home page using images, text, and links.