The below text is the Service Centers rental agreement that users sign on our ipad at time of loan. The renter also gets a copy of the signed agreement sent to their email, listed in the system, at time of their rental. The purpose of this article is to allow renters another way to refer to the agreement they agreed to if they misplace the email and want to review the terms of their rental.
Rental Agreement as of 9/1/19
Rental Agreement 1. I, the undersigned, hereby acknowledge borrowing the A/V equipment listed on this form from the IT Service Center for the purpose of my academic work at Brown University. I agree to return all equipment by the due date listed above. In the event I do not return all the equipment listed on or before the due date, I AGREE TO PAY A LATE FEE OF $5 PER SCANNED ITEM PER DAY UNTIL ALL EQUIPMENT ON THIS RECORD HAS BEEN RETURNED. I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I WILL BE BILLED THE FULL REPLACEMENT COST OF ANY ITEMS NOT RETURNED AFTER 14 DAYS + $70 PER ITEM.
2. Equipment pick-up/drop-off takes place in person during business hours (it.brown.edu/get-help) at the IT Service Center only. Equipment left outside the office will be considered abandoned and will result in loss of loaner equipment program privileges of the relevant customer/s.
3. I acknowledge that the IT Service Center reserves the right to adjust the due date or recall loaner equipment before the due date.
4. All equipment is inspected and tested prior to check-out. Any pre-existing damage or missing components must be documented in the electronic record. I understand that it is my responsibility to verify the accuracy of this documentation. I understand that I must notify the IT Service Center immediately if I discover undocumented damage or missing components. I acknowledge that I may be held liable for costs associated with any new damage or lost components.
5. I acknowledge that the IT Service Center may bill my student account or department cost center for the replacement cost of any equipment I fail to return, as well as any administrative fees arising therefrom.
6. I understand that the IT Service Center loaner equipment program is a privilege only. The IT Service Center may rescind this privilege at any time.
7. The IT Service Center will factory reset and erase all loaner equipment upon return. The IT Service Center assumes no liability for data stored on loaner equipment at any time.
8. IT IS EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGED AND UNDERSTOOD THAT THE UNIVERSITY ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM MY PARTICIPATION IN THE LOANER EQUIPMENT PROGRAM AND I FURTHER AGREE TO RELEASE AND DISCHARGE BROWN UNIVERSITY FROM ANY CLAIMS, LOSSES, COSTS OR DAMAGES RESULTING THEREFROM. I FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT I WILL BE USING THE EQUIPMENT AT MY OWN RISK.