Record your name using the Namecoach Recorder in Canvas or using an email invitation through your browser.
If you have trouble or prefer, you may have Namecoach call a phone number to record your name.
Canvas Namecoach Recorder
Open either a Chrome or Firefox browser (**web recorder is currently not available in Safari.)
If the Namecoach Recorder app is available in Canvas, navigate to the Canvas course site.
-  Select the Namecoach Recorder from the left navigation
-  Namecoach allows users to input a preferred name instead of your given official name. If applicable, enter a preferred name and record instead of your given name. For example, enter a variation of your name (i.e. nickname, abbreviated form, etc.) or your chosen name.
- Type the pronouns that should be used by your peers and professors.
-  Choose Web Recorder option to record your name from a computer.
-  Click the Record button.
- In your browser, allow name-coach.com access to your computer’s microphone.
- A timer will begin to alert you that Namecoach is recording.
- Click the Stop button to finish recording. Note: Wait for the encoding message to complete before navigating away from the page.
- Listen to the recording, or click Record Again if you’d like to record a new audio file.
- Click Submit and Finish
- Check the separate Namecoach Roster tool to preview your audio recording and listen to your peers’ recordings and learn about their pronouns and preferred names.
Contact email@example.com if you experience technicial difficulties while using Namecoach.