If you have not already, please reference our IT article on how to connect to MyApps and download the Microsoft Remote Desktop app for your device.
- Cloud-based multi-platform storage solution from Microsoft
- After connecting to MyApps for the first time, you will be automatically signed into OneDrive with your Brown account
- Files stored in OneDrive can be accessed on any other device via the OneDrive app or the web
- Known Folder Move (KFM) will enable redirection of the following folders: Desktop, Documents, Pictures
Home Folder (H: Drive)
- You may have been using your dedicated home folder for network file storage already (\\files.brown.edu\HOMEyourusername)
- Your home folder will be automatically mapped upon connecting to MyApps and will contain files stored there by you manually or potentially redirected folders if you have ever logged into a Brown-managed computer with folder redirection enabled.
- Our recommendation is to move pertinent files out of your home folder and into OneDrive
Redirected Local Folder (macOS Only)
- This method is extremely useful for accessing and/or migrating files from folders on your local pc to any of the 2 sources above.
- Can only be utilized via the MRD app
- Open the MRD app, select the "Workspaces" tab, right click on the connection of your choice (ex. MyApps: Core), click "edit", select the "Folders" tab, then click the "+" icon to choose a local folder to redirect during your next MyApps session.