You can join a Zoom meeting using a traditional phone. This is useful when:
- you do not have a microphone or speaker on your computer
- you do not have a smartphone (iOS or Android), or
- you cannot connect to a network for video and VoIP (computer audio)
Here’s how to join a meeting with a traditional phone:
Ideally, the host of the Zoom meeting provided a phone number AND a meeting url link (example: https://brown.zoom.us/j/5550000000) but if you receive only a meeting link, here’s what you can do to join by phone:
- Dial an in-country number. In the US you can dial 646-558-8656 or 877-369-0926 US toll-free. You can find a full list of international dial-in numbers at https://zoom.us/zoomconference.
- You will be prompted to enter the meeting ID - the nine (9), ten (10), or eleven (11) digit ID provided to you by the host, followed by #. If you only have a link, the meeting ID is the digits at the end of the link. If we use the example above, the meeting ID is 555 000 000, so you’d dial that number followed by #.
- If the meeting has not already started and join before host is not enabled, you will be prompted to press # to wait for the meeting to start.
- You may be prompted to enter your unique participant ID. If you don’t have a participant ID, just press #.
Once you’re in the meeting, make sure to let the host know who you are and that you’ve joined by traditional phone.
Contact the IT Service Center if you need help!