Starting one week before the first day of classes and ending two weeks after the first day of classes, students who have shown an interest in a course by placing it in their primary shopping cart in Courses@Brown (cab.brown.edu) are considered “prospective students" in that course.
- Prospective students have yet to register for the class and do not show up in the class list page in self-service Banner (SSB).
- Prospective students are displayed in Canvas in the "people" tool.
- Prospective students are able to participate as a student in their published Canvas courses.
- Prospective students can receive email using the email lists made available on the class list page in self-service Banner (SSB).
- At the end of this time period, prospective students will be removed from courses. Registered students will have access to the Canvas course site and be included in the class email list.