1. Locate and open the Self Service app in the Applications folder.
2. Login to the Self Service app using your Brown AD credentials.
3. Select "IT Support Tools" from the right-hand "Categories" sidebar.
4. Click the "ENCRYPT" button under "Encrypt my Computer".
5. Click the "ENCRYPT" button to confirm.
6. Follow on-screen dialogs prompting to restart.
Note: To activate FileVault 2 on a computer, the computer must be running macOS 10.8 or later and have a “Recovery HD” partition. Please follow these instructions when requested by your ITSC or DCC.