Whether you are new to Brown or simply need to locate a person or resource, you can navigate your way through all types of useful information with Brown University's Internet Kiosk. Find out when Brown libraries are open or if a class has been scheduled, determine a building location, catch up on current University events, or quickly check your email. Brown's Internet Kiosk provides walk-up service 24 hours a day at convenient campus locations.
- Faunce House (2 in Lower Blue Room)
- Olney-Margolies Athletic Center (OMAC)
- outside the Verney-Woolley dining facility
- Bear's Lair
When you first walk up to a kiosk, you may notice that a screen saver is enabled. If the kiosk has been unused for a period of five minutes or more, the screen saver will activate. Follow these steps:
- Click on the space bar or move the trackball. A logon window will appear.
- Click on the Logon button. A web browser displays the Brown University's Internet Kiosk home page.
- Select a link on the page that indicates the information or service you want to use. You will be provided with on-screen instructions related to your selection.
Problem: When I approached the kiosk, neither the logon window nor the Brown Internet Kiosk web page is displayed.
Solution: If you are unable to use the kiosk, please notify the IT Service Center at 863-HELP.
Problem: I am an enrolled student, faculty or staff member, but I do not have a Brown University account.
Solution: Select the Activate Account link in the Account and Email section of the Brown Internet Kiosk home page and following the instructions provided.