You can create pages in Canvas to provide your students with course content, media, links, and other content.
- Log in to Canvas at canvas.brown.edu
- Select a course in the Global Navigation menu on the left.
- Click Pages in the Course Navigation menu.
- Click + Page.
- Enter the name of the page and add content.
- Click Save to save the page and publish it later. Click Save & Publish to save the page and make it viewable to students immediately.
- Click View All Pages to view a list of pages previously created.
You can use the Rich Content Editor to insert text and format it like you would in an email or a document. Watch this quick video to see the possibilities:
- Insert a table and select its dimensions and specifications.
- Link any word or phrase to an external URL.
- Embed an external image by pasting its URL or choosing a picture from Flickr creative commons.
- Insert an equation with a wide variety of symbols.
- Insert media by recording or uploading audio or video.
- Embed video from a website, like YouTube.
- Navigate to the video you would like to embed.
- Click Share.
- Click Embed and copy the code.
- Return to Canvas.
- Click HTML Editor at the top of the Rick Text Editor to view the HTML code.
- Paste the code.
- Click Save to see your video on your final page.
- Insert links to other content in the course or to files you have uploaded to the course.
- Insert course images.
At any point while creating a new page you can rename it or delete it. You can hide the page from students and select which users have permission to edit the page. Return to Pages at any time to edit your pages.