What is a Zoom Room?
A Zoom room is space were the Zoom application is integrated with an installed AV system.
Why would you want one?
- Room preconfigured to use Zoom
- Launch a meeting with one touch
- Easy wireless screen sharing which can be done in a Zoom meeting or alone.
- Ability to connect with users who are using Zoom software on laptop and mobile devices
- Can connect with H.323 systems
What spaces are ideal to make into a Zoom Room?
- Meeting/conference rooms
- Spaces where Zoom is used often
What kind of equipment is needed for a Zoom Room?
- A Mac Mini computer that runs the Zoom Rooms software
- iPad t that runs the Zoom Rooms app.
- TV display/ projector & screen
- Specific recommendations can be found here -https://zoom.us/zoomrooms/hardware
What are the Zoom Room options at Brown?
- In-room AV-Standard Zoom Room
- Scheduling Display - Door sign with calendar/reserve capabilities
- Both Zoom Room and Scheduling Display together
How can I learn more?
Online resources can be found at Zoom Help Center KBs -https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/categories/200108436
How can I request a room?
Please fill out our Zoom Room Request Form- http://brown.edu/go/zoomroomrequest
Question about the form or access issues contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructions for your Zoom Room:
Zoom has created a Zoom Room Users guide- https://tinyurl.com/zoomroomguide