Use the Sidebar Article Feature (Haiti Feature)
The Sidebar Article Feature, also known as the Haiti Feature, is a region in the right sidebar (under the calendar) used to "feature" a noteworthy piece of content. The featured item will contain an image, a title, a sub-title (optional), and a link. The Feature itself can be toggled on or off. To access the Feature, you must have the Editor role on the site.
If you are interested in this feature for your site, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Log into your site. To do so, append "/user" to the end of your site's URL. Authenticate with your Brown username and password.
- Open the Admin menu by clicking the wrench icon in the top left corner. Admin menu may be open by default upon log-in.
- Click the Manage Content tab.
- Click Configure Haiti Feature.
- To enable or disable the feature select ON or OFF
- Enter the Article Title
- Enter the Article Sub-Title. This field is optional.
- Select YES or NO for Sub-Title Break. Selecting YES will place a line break into the sub-title. Selecting NO will display the sub-title on one line.
- Enter the Article Link. External links must include the http://www prefix. Internal links should only include the page name.
- Upload an image. The image should be pre-formatted to 216 pixels wide by 216 pixels high.
Format an Image for the Sidebar Article Feature
- Download the Photoshop template, also available below.
- Open the template file (.psd) in Photoshop.
- Use the Place command to insert the image into the template. File > Place...
- Select the image from your computer.
- Hold Shift key and drag corner of image out to increase image size (if necessary) so that it fills the template area completely. Holding the Shift key while dragging retains the image proportions.
- Hit Enter (Return) to Place the image.
- Choose File > Save For Web...
- Save the image as either jpg or png.