The calendar on your BrownSite automatically pulls events from calendars/categories of the University Calendar at events.brown.edu.
How do I add my calendar(s)?
- Find the name of your calendar.
- Go to the Brown Events Calendar (events.brown.edu).
- Click on the orange RSS icon on the far left of the page.
- Find your calendar on the drop-down list.
- The calendar category as shown in the drop-down list is the name of the calendar that you will use in the next step. In this example, the calendar for the group WiSE is "wise".
- You may find the names of additional calendars using the above steps.
- Close the "Build an RSS Feed" window -- you don't need to continue building an RSS feed.
- Edit the Calendar Widget.
## Log in to your BrownSite.
- Click Configuration on the administrative menu along the top of the page.
- Click on Brown Calendar Widget.
- Category: Add the names of the calendars you found above, exactly as written in the drop-down list. For example: "wise". If you are adding multiple calendars, separate them with the pipe character, |. For example: "wise|Clubs and Organizations" adds the WiSE calendar and the overall Clubs and Organizations calendar.
- End date: Give the calendar a limit to how far into the future it will reach to display events. Use a format like "+2 days" to look two days into the future, or "+20 weeks" to look 20 weeks in the future.
- Maximum # of events: Five or six will look the best.
- Custom no events text: Be sure to have text here if your group often doesn't have events scheduled .
I don't have a university calendar
If you does not have a university calendar yet, contact The Office of Public Affairs and University Relations (PAUR) to get one.