Enable view-only access
Instructors may allow non-Brown users view-only access to Canvas course sites. Note: the course will not be indexed by search engines unless the link to the course site is published elsewhere on the internet (i.e. personal website, department sites, etc.)
To enable public view-only access
- Log in to canvas.brown.edu.
- Select the course from the Courses tab in the Global Navigation menu on the left.
- In the Course Navigation menu, click Settings.
- Scroll down to the Visibility settings.
- Click Make this course publicly visible (student data will remain private).
- Click Update Course Details.