The Brown University Calendar is for University-sponsored events which are of general interest to the university populations: students, staff, faculty, parents, etc.
Acceptable Types of Events
- The Calendar is not to be used for announcements. Only postings for the actual event itself will be approved.
- Regular class meetings are not considered events and as such will not be listed on the online calendar.
Event Sponsors / Submitters
- Brown faculty, staff and students may submit event information for posting. Submitters must use their official Brown.edu email address when submitting an event.
- Events must be sponsored by an officially recognized campus department, school, program, organization or recognized student group. The sponsoring organization or department must know about and approve of posting the event on the Brown Calendar.
- Off-campus events are generally considered acceptable for inclusion in the calendar if they are sponsored by a University department, organization, or faculty member, and are consistent with the University's mission.
- Student groups are considered recognized if they appear in MyGroups. Student groups which do not appear on MyGroups cannot sponsor events on the Calendar.
- There is no charge for posting an event.
- An event posting must include all pertinent information, including event title, date, time, location, contact person, admission fee, etc.
- Users may not submit or publish any obscene, vulgar, rude, abusive, threatening, or harassing messages.
- All posted events are expected to be conducted in accordance with University policies and state and federal laws and regulations.
- If an event is canceled, it should not be removed from the calendar; instead, it should be marked "cancelled".
- Departmental calendar administrators can mark items as "cancelled" on their own departmental calendars.
- For events submitted to the public calendar, you may inform the calendar administrator of the cancellation by using this form.
Rights of Brown University
- Featured Events may be selected at the discretion of the calendar administrator and the Director of Public Affairs for including on the University home page and the home page of brown.edu. Events will be chosen to be highlighted based on the degree of mass appeal to all calendar audiences, and where possible will reflect an equal emphasis and representation among all calendar categories.
- Brown University reserves the right to decline an event submission as it sees fit.
- Brown University reserves the right to edit event information for reasons such as length, spelling, language and clarity.