Brown has moved to a new licensing process which will allow you to use Mathematica without using the Brown VPN.
1. If necessary, create an account with Wolfram (one-time process):
- Go to user.wolfram.com and click "Don't have a Wolfram ID? Create one."
- Fill out form using a @brown.edu email, click "Create Wolfram ID"
- Check your email and click the link to validate your Wolfram ID
2. Request Mathematica local installation (installer and key):
- Click "Product Summary page" link
- Click "Get Downloads and select "Download" for your OS
- Run the installer on your machine; enter Activation Key when prompted
- Installations on multiple machines is supported; fill out the above form for each machine
3. Request Mathematica Online subscription (nice pairing to a local installation- best to have both)
- Go to https://www.wolframcloud.com/?
- Type in school email address, choose option to use school netID and password
- During first sign in, follow the instructions to link your Wolfram ID