Note for Summer students: you must purchase a guest card at a ValuePort machine if you plan to print, and load money onto it at the ValuePort machine. You can't load money on your Brown ID.
- Log in at get.cbord.com/brown and use a credit card to add funds any time you need more Bear Bucks. Minimum deposit is $10.
- Saving credit card information in your Bear Bucks account is ONLY to add funds to your declining balance when you want to. Your purchases are not charged to that credit card. Saving your credit card information is optional.
- If you would like someone else (e.g., a family member) to add funds to your Bear Bucks account, they, too, can do so with an on-line credit card transaction. They go to get.cbord.com/brown and enter your Brown ID (9-digit number above the photo on your Brown ID), last name, and birth date to make a deposit to your Bear Bucks account.
- If you lose your card, you can log in to your GET portal immediately to "freeze" the purchasing function of a lost or stolen card. (If you find your card an hour later, you can log back in to turn the purchasing function back on.)
At a ValuePort III machine
- Deposit funds to your Bear Bucks account by inserting cash into the Value Port III machine. The ValuePort III machines accept the following US Currency: $1, $5, $10, and $20 bills.
- Check your available BearBucks balance.
- If a ValuePort machine is down and needs some attention, email Brown-Card-Office@brown.edu.