1. Pre-Launch Request Checklist
Once all of your content is entered, use this checklist to be sure your site is ready to be submitted for review.
- Are all your pages "published" and "public"? (BrownSites 1.x) (BrownSites 2)
- Have you customized or disabled your custom footers? (BrownSites 1.x) (BrownSites 2)
- Have you entered your department's contact information? (BrownSites 1.x) (BrownSites 2)
- Have you disabled all the menu items you are not using (e.g. News, Courses, Text Style Reference)? (BrownSites 1.x) (BrownSites 2)
- If you are using the News section, have you unpublished the sample News items? (BrownSites 1.x) (BrownSites 2)
- Do you have a banner installed? (BrownSites 1.x) (BrownSites 2)
- Has your calendar (CalWidget) been configured to pull events from your department's university calendar? (BrownSites 1.x) (BrownSites 2)
2. Request a Pre-Launch Review
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your site URL and let us know you've run through the checklist above.
3. University Communications Reviews Your Site
University Communications review usually takes 1–2 weeks to complete. They will share with you a list of corrections and suggestions.
4. Request a Launch Date
After the items in the University Communications review have been addressed, email email@example.com and let us know you've completed the review process and would like a launch date.
NOTE: WebServices only launches sites on Tuesdays. On your launch date, we will make your new site live, archive your old site, and place all necessary redirects (including short URLs) in place. We will follow up via email with the Site Owner of the newly launched site.