Preparing for Printing: Purchase a Bear Bucks Card
- Purchase a Bear Bucks Guest Card from the Bear Bucks/ ValuePort vending machine located on the 2nd floor of the Rockefeller Library.
- Add funds (cash only) onto your card from this machine.
|Cost of Printing per sheet||Single Sided||Double Sided|
|Black and White||$0.07||$0.10|
Register your Bear Bucks card at the Print Release Station
- Swipe your Bear Bucks/Valueport card at one of the Release Stations on the main level of the library in the Sorenson Reading Room to register your card.
- You’ll be prompted to register your new card at the release station.
- After clicking yes, a PIN/Password entry screen will appear. Create Pin.
- After creating a PIN, a confirmation message appears. You will also be assigned a username for guest printing (ex. “guest-0002”). Take note of this username and PIN/Password, as you will need to enter these for each new print session.
- Clicking OK brings you back to the default Print Release screen.
Printing From a Guest Computer
Once you have registered your card, you can now go to a guest computer to print
- Choose Print from your document, image, or web page. Select the MyPrint-BW for black & white printing, or MyPrint-Color printer for color printing.
- On the PaperCut login screen, enter the username (ex. “guest-0002”) you were given, and PIN you created when registering your card. You can also choose to remember your username and password for a set amount of time so that you won’t be required to enter it for each print job under the Remember option.
- After sending your document to print, a small window in the bottom right corner of your screen will confirm that your document was successfully sent. You won’t need to name the document that you send to print, instead, the system automatically assigns a name to the print job based on the file name or webpage name.
- Swipe your card at the Print release station, and select the job(s) you would like to print from your print queue.