PAWPrints is Brown's student printing service.
- You can print to release stations in locations across campus.
- Printing for the first time? You can log in at a print release station before printing (located near all printers) or email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up your account (email can be blank) and click a confirmation link you'll receive in email to continue. Note that for summer students, the email method doesn't work.
- There's a small cost associated with each page you print. It's taken out of your BearBucks account when you release a print job. You receive a $30 credit at the beginning of each academic year; you can add additional money in person at a ValuePort machine or online at brown.edu/getportal. Summer students must purchase a guest card from the ValuePort machine and can't add money to their Brown IDs.
- You can print in four ways:
- Print from a computer lab computer. Just choose the printer called PAWPrints!
- Upload files to brown.edu/go/print (instructions and supported filetypes)
- (Doesn't work for summer students) Email files to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org (instructions and supported filetypes)
- (Not recommended) Configure your computer to add PAWPrints as a printer. We don't recommend this because it's a finnicky process, but if you are frequently printing non-standard filetypes it may be your best option
- After you print, log in to the release station and then swipe your card SLOWLY and firmly. Remember: type, then swipe!