The TimelineJS plugin allows users to embed a dynamic timeline created using the Knight Lab TimelineJS tool into the BrownBlogs platform.
Start with a Google Spreadsheet that follows the TimelineJS Template.
Once a timeline has been created, follow these instructions to embed it into BrownBlogs.
- Log in to blogs.brown.edu as an author or editor.
- Enable the "Knight Lab TimelineJS" plugin from the Plugins menu in the blog's Dashboard.
- Add a new blog post
- Click on the "Add Timeline" button
- Paste the URL of an existing Google Spreadsheet that uses the TimelineJS template into the "Data source" field.
- Click "Insert Timeline" and Publish the blog post.
View a sample in the ITG Blog.