When you use the Rich Content Editor in Canvas to create assignments, post discussions, and create pages, you can embed media like audio, video, and images in your submission.
- Enter and format text as you would in a standard word processor.
- To link text to a URL, highlight text, then click the Link to URL icon . Enter the URL in the box in the window. To remove the link, click the Remove link icon .
- To link to course content, select a course page or a course file from the Insert Content into the Page menu on the right.
- To add a table, click the Table icon .
- To add a mathematical equation, click the Insert Math Equation (pi) icon .
- To add an image, click the Embed Image (picture) icon . Enter the URL of the image in the Image Source URL box, or search Flickr creative commons and select an image from the search results. You can also select an image from your files on Canvas.
- To record audio or video using your computer's microphone or webcam, or upload an audio or video file from your computer, click the Record/Upload Media icon .
- To embed a YouTube video in your content, navigate to the video on YouTube, click Share below the video, then click the Embed tab. Copy the code in the box that appears.
- On your Canvas page, click HTML Editor above the Rich Content Editor to view the HTML format of your content. Paste the embed code from the YouTube video.
- Click Save & Publish to save your content and make it viewable immediately. Click Save to save your content and keep it hidden until you publish it later.