Canvas lets you easily control your profile and personal settings. You can add a profile photo and web services, as well as adjust notification preferences.
Add a profile photo
- In the Global Navigation menu on the left, click Account. In the Account menu, click Profile.
- Click the placeholder profile picture.
- Click choose a picture in the Upload a Picture tab. You can also drag a picture from your desktop into the uploader or take a picture with your webcam by clicking Take a Picture.
- Click the image file on your computer that you want to upload, then click Open.
- Drag the selection box to crop or resize your picture. Click Save to upload your profile picture.
- The profile picture you selected will appear in place of the placeholder profile picture.
Add web services
- In the Other Services menu, select web services to add to your Canvas account. We recommend that you add your Brown.edu Google Drive (formerly Google Docs) account. You can use it to collaborate on a shared document with other students. Adding Facebook will authorize Canvas to send course notifications to your Facebook account.
- These settings are not permanent — you can change them later.
Click here to learn how to edit notification preferences.