Canvas lets you easily control your profile and personal settings. You can add a profile photo and web services, as well as adjust notification preferences.
Add a profile photo
- In the Global Navigation menu on the left, click Account.
- In the Account menu, click Settings.
- Click the placeholder profile picture.
- Click choose a picture in the Upload a Pictrure tab. You can also drag a picture from your desktop into the uploader or take a picture with your webcam by clicking Take a Picture.
- Click the image file on your computer that you want to upload, then click Open.
- Drag the selection box to crop or resize your picture. Click Save to upload your profile picture.
- The profile picture you selected will appear in place of the placeholder profile picture.
Add web services
- In the Settings menu, select web services to add to your Canvas account. We recommend that you add your Brown.edu Google Drive (formly Google Docs) account. You can use it to collaborate on a shared document with other students. Adding Facebook will authorize Canvas to send notifications to your Facebook account.
- These settings are not permanent - you can change them later.
Adjust Notification Preferences
Your brown.edu email is automatically added to your Canvas profile. Canvas uses this email to notify you of different types of events that happen in your course. You can add other notification types and adjust notification preferences.
- In the Global Navigation menu on the left, click Account. In the Account menu, click Settings.
- In the Ways to Contact menu, click Add Email Address to add an additional email address.
- To add your cell phone number, click Add Contact Method.
- To adjust your notification preferences, click Notifications in the Account menu.
- To select a notification frequency for each contact method and course activity, click Notify me right away , Send daily summary , Send weekly summary , or Do not send me anything .