- Click the Table icon in the toolbar.
- Move your cursor over Insert table to open the table creator. Drag your cursor over the grid and click to specify the dimensions of the table you’d like to add.
- Click Insert.
Edit Table Properties
- Click anywhere in the table.
- Click the Table icon in the menu bar, then click Table Properties.
- Edit the general properties of the table by typing in the appropriate fields.
- Width: The width of your table (in pixels or percent, e.g. 500px, 50%).
Height: The height of your table (in pixels or percent, e.g. 500px, 50%).
Cell Spacing: The space between individual cells as well as cells and table borders (in pixels, e.g. 3px).
Cell Padding: The space between the cell border and its content (in pixels, e.g. 5px).
Border: The thickness of your table border (in pixels, e.g. 5px).
Caption: The table label that is displayed on top of the table.
Alignment: The location of your table on the page (e.g. Center, Left, or Right aligned).
Note: The table width and height may be adjusted manually by clicking and dragging the adjustment handles around the perimeter of the table.
- Click Ok to apply edits.
Note: Similar options are available for editing Cell properties. The Table menu also has options to insert or delete rows or columns in the respective Row and Column menus.