These instructions are provided as is without support. You may not have access to all RemoteDesktop features. Use at your own risk.
Note: RemoteApp connections will automatically disconnect after 8 hours of inactivity.
Remmina will be the software used to connect to RemoteApp
Add the Remmina-Next PPA to Debian
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:remmina-ppa-team/remmina-next
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install remmina
sudo yum install remmina
- Go to https://remoteapp.brown.edu/ and login
- Click on whichever application(s) you'd like to add to Remmina. This will download an RDP file.
- Once downloaded, open Remmina
- Click on the "hamburger" ☰ icon
- Click Import
- Navigate to the downloaded RDP file and open it
- Right-click on the added RDP in Remmina and click Edit
- Change the Profile Name to the name of the RemoteApp
- Input your Brown username in the User name field
- Input your Brown password into the User password field
- Input ad into the Domain field
- Set the Resolution
- You may need to adjust this setting for each RemoteApp. Resizing is not supported.
- Click on Save and Connect