There is an easier way to print from your computer, no tedious setup required! See our article Print to PAWPrints from Your Computer for instructions. We only recommend using the instructions below if you frequently need to print a filetype not supported by that method. PLEASE NOTE: There is a new server, instead of typing CISUNIPRINT.AD.BROWN.EDU you now must use punipdrcit1.ad.brown.edu\pawprints
Step 1: Connect to the Brown network:
This will not work with Brown-Guest. You need to be connected to the Brown wireless network plugged in with an Ethernet cable at Brown. Instructions for connecting to Brown can be found on our Wireless page.
Step 2: Set up printing to the PAWPrints queue:
- Select Run from the Start menu (on Windows 8? Here's how to get to Run) or you can use the keyboard shortcut - Windows Key + R
- Enter \\punipdrcit1\PAWprints in the Open field and click OK. (If this address doesn't work, try \\punipdrcit1.ad.brown.edu\pawprints instead)
- You will be requested to authenticate - note that this dialog box may take a couple of minutes to appear. Enter ad\username in the name field (e.g., ad\jcarberr), then the password for your Brown username.
- Confirm that the Remember your Password checkbox is checked, and click OK.
- The Connect to Printer dialog box will appear. Click Yes.
A window with the PAWPrints print queue will appear on your desktop. The queue permits you to view your print jobs that were sent to the queue but have not been released for printing.
*Note: Depending on your setup, you may need to repeat the above 6 steps each time your computer is restarted.
Step 3: Set up duplex printing using Windows (these steps may not be necessary on all computers)
- Select PAWPrints from your Printers and Faxes control panel (Start..Printers and Faxes)
- Right-click on PAWPrints and select Properties from the quick menu.
- Click on the Printing Preferences button.
- Under the Layout tab in the Print on Both Sides section, select Flip on long edge.
- Click Apply to confirm your duplex print setting.
- Click OK to close the PAWPrints Properties dialog box.
Duplex printing will be your default print setting. Remember to select None in the Print on Both Sides section of the print properties dialog box when you want to print single-sided pages.
Step 4: Print to "PAWprints".
Step 5: Go to a Print Release Station to release Job.
*Note: Your antivirus software may have a firewall that can prevent connecting to PAW prints. Try adding the file path as an exception for the shared printer in your antivurs. If necessary, consult their support staff.
The above instructins are all for configuring PAWPrints Black and White Printing. To confiugure PAWPrints Color to your personal Windows computer, follow the above steps, but use "PAWPrintsColor" anywhere "PAWPrints" is used for Black and White configuration.
For example, enter \\punipdrcit1\PAWprintsColor or \\punipdrcit1.ad.brown.edu\PAWPrintsColor for step 2.2 in the text instructions. Duplex printing is also available for PAWPrints Color printers.