Requiring Shibboleth Login to Access Survey
- Log in to http://brown.qualtrics.com and click the name of your survey to open it.
- At the top of your survey, click the Survey Flow icon.
- Click the 'Add a New Element Here' link. When prompted, choose the 'Authenticator' type of element.
- Move the Default Question Block below the Authentication (this requires participants to authenticate before accessing your survey). To do this, click and hold on the Move link on the default question block, then drag to the arrow coming out of the Authenticator block. You want it to be indented below the Authenticator block.
- From the Authentication Type menu, choose SSO.
- From the SSO Type menu, choose Shibboleth.
- If you are not using a Panel or do not want to associate users with the panel, uncheck the 'Associate Respondent with Panel' checkbox. For example, you would want to uncheck this box if you were sending out an anonymous link to the survey.
Collecting User Information from Shibboleth
- Check 'Capture respondent identifying info.'
- Click the link to Add Embedded Data.
- Now you will identify which pieces of information you want to collect about the user from Shibboleth, and what you want to call them when they are displayed in your survey results. Below are three common pieces of information to collect. For example, the first will collect the participant's givenName attribute from Shibboleth and store it in your survey results as 'First Name'
- First Name = givenName
- Last Name = sn
- Email Address = mail
- When you are finished, save the Survey Flow. Make sure to test the survey before sending it out, though note that this functionality might not work in preview mode.
If you do all of the above, it should look like: